A standard homestay includes the following:
- A single or a twin room, where your host family will provide a bed with appropriate linen, blankets and towels.
- Your room will be furnished with a bed (single, king single, double or queen whichever the family provides), desk, chair, lamp and a place to store and hang your clothes.
- Wi-Fi or wired-ADSL access in almost all homestay homes. Extra charges (about $10- $15 per week applies). No heavy or illegal downloads are allowed.
- Breakfast and dinner daily, and light lunches will only be provided on the weekend if you are at home. You may request packed (i.e. take-away) lunches daily on your application for an extra charge.
- Access to a bathroom that is often shared with other family members. The host provides toilet paper & bath / hand soap, but you provide your own toiletries: shampoo, tooth paste, etc.
- Access to laundry facilities (the host provides washing detergent; you do your own washing and ironing unless instructed differently).
- Easy access to transport to your place of study within a reasonable travel time, usually not more than 40 minutes.